Welcome to 4th Grade!
"Be somebody who makes EVERYBODY feel like a somebody" -Kid President
Message from Miss Pregano:
Welcome to 4th grade! I am so excited to be a part of the Maple Hill Elementary School community! I am looking forward to beginning the 2018-2019 school year along with Ms. Simpson, Ms. Orsini & Mr. Ranaudo as well as our incredible students. Fourth grade is an amazing year for students full of learning, responsibility and making memories. As your child's teacher, I think of my role as a partnership with you that will be successful through open communication and collaboration. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments or concerns regarding your child and I will be happy to discuss them with you. You can reach me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org as well as on Class Dojo! Don't forget to sign up on Class Dojo for messages, pictures and classroom updates!
- Monday: Physical Education
- Tuesday: Art
- Wednesday: Physical Education & Computer Literacy
- Thursday: Library
- Friday: Music
About Miss Pregano:
I have dreamed about being a teacher since I myself sat in the elementary school desks at Maple Hill Elementary School. The teachers I encountered in my time as a student in Naugatuck schools ignited a fire within me to change the world within my students lives. I know and believe that ALL of my students can achieve their goals at high levels and I will be there to challenge them throughout their time in my classroom.
I was raised in Naugatuck and LOVE working for a town filled with such supportive and caring teachers and principals. Naugatuck's "Vision of the Graduate" is such an important vision that I truly believe my students have the ability to achieve and embody in their everyday lives in and out of my classroom. In fourth grade students will be given opportunities to grapple with identity and topics that promote communication and innovation in humanities. Students will become problem-solvers and researchers as they explore new math topics such as place value, long division and multiplication, fractions and decimals to name a few. Our class will work on becoming informed thinkers and responsible citizens in our expository, persuasive and narrative writing. We will even write a personal memoir!
- Education: B.S. English: Central Connecticut State University, currently attending graduate school for my Master's degree!
- Years teaching: this is my 1st year! I have previously worked at MHES as a long-term substitute & math/reading interventionist!
- Years in Naugatuck Schools: 3
- A few of my favorite things: going outside with my puppy Rusty, eating sushi, shopping (I LOVE Target!), cooking, daisies
- A fun fact about me: I attended Maple Hill Elementary School and grew up on Maple Hill Road!
- Classes I teach: 4th Grade