Welcome to 4th Grade!
"Be somebody who makes EVERYBODY feel like a somebody" -Kid President
Message from Miss Pregano:
Welcome to 4th grade! I am so excited to be a part of the Maple Hill Elementary School community! I am looking forward to beginning the school year with Ms. Simpson, Ms. Orsini, Mr. Ranaudo and Ms. Mulhall as well as our incredible students. This year Ms. Butkevich and Mrs. O'Connor will be joining us virtually as well for our distance learners. I am so excited to learn and grow together this year!
Fourth grade is an amazing year for students full of learning, responsibility and making memories. As your child's teacher, I think of my role as a partnership with you that will be successful through open communication and collaboration. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments or concerns regarding your child and I will be happy to discuss them with you. You can reach me by email at email@example.com as well as on Parent Square or by phone call. Don't forget to sign up on Class Dojo for messages, pictures and classroom updates!
About Miss Pregano:
I have dreamed about being a teacher since I myself sat in the elementary school desks at Maple Hill Elementary School. The teachers I encountered in my time as a student in Naugatuck schools inspired me in more ways than one. I loved to be a student but I love to teach at Maple Hill even more! Our school is filled with the kindest, most supportive teachers and students.
Naugatuck's "Vision of the Graduate" is an important vision that I truly believe my students have the ability to achieve and embody in their everyday lives both in and out of my classroom. In fourth grade students will be given opportunities to grapple with identity and topics that promote communication and innovation in humanities. Students will become problem-solvers and researchers as they explore new math topics such as place value, long division and multiplication, fractions and decimals to name a few. Our class will work on becoming informed thinkers and responsible citizens in our expository, persuasive and narrative writing. We will even write a personal memoir!
- My Education: Bachelor of Science in English- Central Connecticut State University- Class of 2016. Master of Science in Reading and Language Arts- Central Connecticut State University- Class of 2020.
- Years teaching: This is my 3rd year as a 4th grade teacher at MHES!
- Year I started working in Naugatuck Schools: 2016. I worked as a reading and math interventionist in K-4 as well a long-term substitute in fourth grade before becoming a classroom teacher.
- A few of my favorite things: Going outside with my puppy Rusty, eating sushi and tacos, shopping (I LOVE Target and Amazon!), cooking, daisies
- A fun fact about me: I attended Maple Hill Elementary School and grew up living on Maple Hill Road.
- Classes I teach: 4th Grade
Link to our Classroom Wish List: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/2MRQXMG7KLSDZ?ref_=wl_share