Rocco Ranaudo III
'It's today,' squeaked Piglet.
'My favorite day,' said Pooh."
—The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh by A. A. Milne
‘Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.’ - Pele. Here in Naugatuck, this couldn’t be truer. I am so thankful that I work in this district because Naugatuck really embodies this spirit of being an eternal learner. All the way from Kindergarten to High School, and through every teaching profession and administrative level, everyone is always looking to improve and grow. I enjoy the collaboration with other professionals. The creativity needed to consider needs of different types of learners. This is what Naugatuck is all about!
More specifically, being at Maple Hill Elementary School has been one of the most rewarding things I have ever done in my entire life. I truly enjoy helping the children realize that learning can be hard, and that’s okay. When we celebrate each others accomplishments and work together, there isn’t anything these students can’t achieve. There is absolutely nothing better than having one of my students realize they’re stronger and more resilient than they ever thought possible.
Naugatuck’s Vision of The Graduate is so important, and one that every student here has the ability to achieve. Becoming an informed thinker, researcher, innovator, problems solver, and effective communicator are just some of the many attributes our students acquire. I cannot wait to see what the future will hold for our schools and our community as we continue to be the very best we can be.
- Education: Master’s in Education from The University of Bridgeport
- Bachelor’s in Communications from Quinnipiac University
- Years of Experience: 5
- Years Working at Naugatuck Schools: 4 years as a member of the Third Grade team and 1 year as a member of the Fourth Grade team
- A few of my favorite things: My favorite activities include going on long hikes with my dog, Cinnamon. I also enjoy watching movies, specifically any superhero flick! Most important to me is cooking a delicious Italian meal for my family and friends to enjoy.
- A fun fact about me: I previously worked at ESPN for over 5 years. I worked on shows such as Sports Center and NFL Live. It was a tremendous life experience that helped shape the person I’ve become.