"You have to go wholeheartedly into anything in order to achieve anything worth having." - Frank Lloyd Wright
Welcome to Kindergarten! I am so excited to be your teacher this year. Kindergarten will be the time for children to expand their love of learning, general knowledge, their ability to get along with others, and their interest in reaching out to the world. This year will be filled with lots of learning, discovery and a whole lot of fun! If you need to contact me, the best way to do so is through my email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Mrs. Phipps
I was born in Santiago, Chile but moved to the United States when I was 17 months old. I grew up in Southbury, Connecticut and currently live there with my husband and two children. There are a million reasons why being a teacher is rewarding. I truly love working with young children and being a Kindergarten teacher is a dream come true. I get to experience things with my students for the first time, help them in new ways, build a loving and safe environment for them in the classroom, watch their progress through the year, tap into my own inner child and most importantly, every day brings something new.
- Education: Masters, Elementary Education, University of Bridgeport
- Years teaching: 8
- Years in Naugatuck Schools: This is my first year!
- A few of my favorite things: Traveling, Spending time with friends and family, Hiking, Sports (every and any sport), Almond joy, Mounds, Skittles, Sour Patch Kids, Tea, The Beach, Shopping!
- A fun fact about me: I love running Half Marathons! My goal is to do a Triathalon or Marathon in the next few years. Oh, and I have won many trophies for hula hooping and doing tricks.
- Wish list for supplies: Clorox wipes, paper towels, arts and crafts supplies (feathers, beads, stamps, markers, fun scissors, stickers, etc..) Markers (big and thin)