Skip to main content

Maple HillElementary School

Early Dismissal at 1:00 PM on 10/16, 10/17, 10/18 due to Parent Teacher Conferences!

Kindergarten Registration

Parents whose children will be eligible for kindergarten next September should plan to register their child this
March. Children may register for the 2019-20 school year if their fifth birthday occurs on or before January 1,

Forms for kindergarten registration are available in all Naugatuck elementary schools. Parents should call the
elementary school that their child will attend and arrange to pick up the required forms. At that time, an
appointment will also be made on March 4, March 5, March 6, March 7, or March 8, 2019, for parents to return
completed forms.

Parents who are unsure which school their child will attend should call the Office of the Superintendent of Schools
at (203) 720-5265.

State law requires that all entering students be properly immunized before the entrance to school can take place. At the registration appointment, parents must present the child’s birth certificate along with proof of immunization. A completed physical conducted on August 31, 2018, or later, will be acceptable. In addition, the State Department of Health recommends that students have a blood lead level and a tuberculin test before entering kindergarten.

At registration, the following information must be provided:
  • Mortgage statement or a copy of the deed showing ownership of the property where the child resides
  • Or a copy of a signed lease or rental agreement for the property where the child lives
  • Or a notarized statement from the owner of the property where the child is residing, listing all of the family members who are residing on the indicated property
  • Also, a copy of a current utility bill from Eversource or Yankee Gas indicating the family has an account for the address the child is residing
  • Or, if the landlord is supplying utilities, a notarized copy of the lease or rental agreement indicating that the utilities are supplied by the landlord
  • A real estate or a personal property tax bill of parent/guardian
  • A copy of a valid Connecticut Driver’s License or photo I.D. for either parent indicating the address where the child is residing.
In addition to the above, the guardian of any child attending the public schools within the district must also provide proof of guardianship.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the school your child will be attending or the Superintendent’s Office at (203) 720-5265.
Learn more about the enrollment process on our enrollment page.